Panoptic Enterprises' FEDERAL CONTRACTS DISPATCH
DATE: October 1, 2003
SUBJECT: Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS); Technical Amendments
SOURCE: Federal Register, October 1, 2003, Vol. 68, No. 190, page 56560
AGENCIES: Department of Defense (DOD)
ACTION: Final Rule
SYNOPSIS: DOD is amending the DFARS to update activity names, clause titles and dates, and cross-references.
EFFECTIVE DATE: October 1, 2003.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT: Michele Peterson, Defense Acquisition Regulations Council, OUSD (AT&L) DP (DAR), IMD 3C132, 3062 Defense Pentagon, Washington, DC 20301-3062; 703-602-0311; fax: 703-602-0350.
SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION: The following five changes are made to the DFARS:
- In DFARS 202.101, Definitions, the definition of "contracting activities" is revised under the "Navy" heading by changing "Marine Corps Materiel Command" to "Marine Corps Systems Command."
- In paragraph (2)(ii)(B) of DFARS 213.301, Governmentwide Commercial Purchase Card, the cross-reference to "FAR 8.001" is changed to "FAR 8.002."
- In the introduction to paragraph (d) of DFARS 213.302-5, Clauses, the title of FAR 52.225-1 is changed from "Buy American Act -- Balance of Payments Program -- Supplies" to "Buy American Act -- Supplies."
- In DFARS 213.302-5(d)(ii), the cross-reference to "DFARS 225.1101(13)" is changed to "DFARS 225.1101(10)."
- In paragraph (b) of DFARS 252.212-7001, Contract Terms and Conditions Required to Implement Statutes or Executive Orders Applicable to Defense Acquisitions of Commercial Items, the date of DFARS 252.225-7021, Trade Agreements, is changed from "APR 2003" to "AUG 2003."
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT: Panoptic Enterprises at 703-451-5953 or by e-mail to Panoptic@FedGovContracts.com.
Copyright 2003 by Panoptic Enterprises. All Rights Reserved.
Return to the Dispatches Library.
Return to the Main Page.