Barry McVay's FEDERAL CONTRACTS DISPATCH
DATE: March 14, 2000
FROM: Barry McVay, CPCM
SUBJECT: Temporary Suspension of Service Due to Overdue Bills for the Commerce Business Daily (CBD) Printing Fee
SOURCE: Commerce Business Daily, March 14, 2000
AGENCIES: Government Printing Office (GPO)
SYNOPSIS: Effective April 9, 2000, the CBD will not publish synopses or notices of those contracting offices that have not paid their overdue printing fees for the month of December 1999.
EDITOR'S NOTE: Federal Acquisition Regulation Part 5, Publicizing Contract Actions, requires that all contract actions over $25,000 be synopsized in the CBD except those up to $100,000 that are conducted through the Federal Acquisition Computer Network (FACNET). Unless these contracting offices pay their December bills, they will not be able to legally purchase anything over $25,000 unless they use FACNET, and then they will be limited to purchases less than $100,000.
EFFECTIVE DATE: April 9, 2000, unless accounts are brought up to date.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT: The U.S. Government Printing Office, 202-512-2083 or 800-567-8476.
SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION: On October 1, 1995, the CBD began charging agencies a fee for printing synopses and notices (it had been free to the agencies for 45 years). The cost was set at a flat rate of $18 per notice ($5 if submitted electronically). The following contracting offices are at least 60 days overdue on payment of their printing fees, and they have been notified by telephone and fax of the overdue bills. If the accounts are not brought current, the CBD will not print synopses and notices of these contracting offices.
- Agricultural Research Service, FMOD, BA, Contracting Section, Bldg. 003, Room 329, 10300 Baltimore Ave., Beltsville, MD 20705-2350
- Joint Program Office for Biological Defense, 5201 Leesburg Pike, Skyline #3, Suite 1200, Falls Church, VA 22041-3203
- Research Development and Acquisition Office, 314 Johnson Street, Room 119, ATTN: RDA-C, Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD 21005-5283
- New England District, Army Corps of Engineers, 696 Virginia Road, Concord, MA 01742-2751
- Army Engineer District, Savannah, P.O. Box 889, Savannah, GA 31402-0889
- Commercial Acquisition Department, Bldg. 11, Naval Undersea Warfare Center Division, Newport, Code 59, Simonpietri Dr., Newport, RI 02841-1708
- Contracting Office, P.O. Box 1609, Oceanside, CA 92051-1609
- Air Force Materiel Command, AFRL-Wright Research Site, Det 1 AFRL/PK, Bldg. 167, Area B, 2310 8th Street, Wright-Patterson AFB, OH 45433-7801
- ASC/XP 1970 Monahan Way Bldg. 11A, Room 101H, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, OH 45433-7208
- U.S. Property and Fiscal Office for Wisconsin, F/B/O Volk Field CRTC, ATTN: Contracting Office, 8 Madison Blvd., Camp Douglas, WI 54618-5002
HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
- Phoenix Indian Medical Center, 4212 North 16th Street, Phoenix, AZ 85016
- National Park Service, Southwest Support Office, P.O. Box 728, Santa Fe, NM 87504-0728
- Bureau of Indian Affairs, Office Indian Education Program, P.O. Box 328, Crownpoint, NM 87313
- U.S. Coast Guard Civil Engineering Unit Oakland, 2000 Embarcadero, Suite 200, Oakland, CA 94606-5337
GENERAL SERVICES ADMINISTRATION
- Public Buildings Service, Federal Protective Service (4PS), Suite 2339, 401 West Peachtree St. NW, Atlanta, GA 30365-2550
- Public Buildings Service (PBS), Maryland North Service Delivery Team (WPH), 7th & D Streets, SW, Washington, DC 20001
- Federal Technology Service (FTS), Federal Computer Acquisition Center (TFF-1), 5203 Leesburg Pike, Suite 1100, Falls Church, VA 22041
- Federal Technology Communications Service, Mid-Atlantic Region, ATTN: Code 3TS, 100 Penn Square East, Philadelphia, PA 19107
NATIONAL TRANSPORTATION SAFETY BOARD
- National Transportation Safety Board, Office of Contracts & Procurement, 490 L'Enfant Plaza East, SW, Washington, DC 20594
- Burns & McDonnell, 9400 Ward Parkway, Kansas City, MO 64114
- The Housing Authority of the City of St. Petersburg, Fl., 3250 5th Ave. North, St. Petersburg, FL 33713
- Cooperative Park Studies Unit, College of Forestry, Wildlife & Range Sciences, Room 16, University of Idaho, Moscow, ID 83844-1133
- Bi-State Development Agency, 707 North First Street, St. Louis, MO 63102
- U.S. Soldiers' & Airmen's Home, RMD/Contracting Division, 3700 N. Capitol Street, NW, Washington, DC 20317-0002
- Department of Human Services, Med-Quest Division, P.O. Box 339, Honolulu, HI 96809-0339
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT: Barry McVay at 703-451-5953 or by e-mail to BarryMcVay@FedGovContracts.com.
Copyright 2000 by Panoptic Enterprises. All Rights Reserved.
Return to the Dispatches Library.
Return to the Main Page.